Saturday 21 July 2012

Brewing Up with Heston

Earlier on this week I was in a little place called Darwen in Lancashire working on Heston Blumenthal's new series for Channel 4. For this particular episode he was celebrating the great British tradition of the tea break.  This involved having Heston arrive perched on a giant tea pot, lowering an enormous tea bag into it which I had spent hours stitching up the day before, and then dunking a child sized chocolate and caramel biscuit into a giant tea cup (the biscuit was literally the same height as a small child). Here are a few photos from the day which were taken by my friend Thomas Glover.

Would you like a biscuit with your tea sir? I'll just call 5 other people over to help me carry it to your table.

Have a break, have a Heston's Dunkgestive.

Mr Blumenthal arrives on the back of a truck accompanied by a giant tea pot

More exciting than the Queen rocking up to the party, at least Heston gives you unlimited cups of tea and biscuits!

And for my next trick...

...I will need some assistance from my rather oversized teabag

What a lovely cuppa

Lets get dunkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment