Tuesday 18 December 2012

In Answer to Your Question...

I must admit to using Google Analytics quite a bit, mainly so I can try to guess who might have been sneaking a peek at my blog. Google Analytics provides fairly detailed stats that can keep you amused for hours and one of my favourite things to find out is how people have landed on my site. Sometimes people accidentally end up on here after trawling through Google* searches and for that I'm truly sorry. This post is dedicated to all of you who don't really care about who I am or what I do and who just happened to stumble across my blog one day expecting to find something completely different. As it is the season of good will I shall try to answer all the questions that you couldn't find answers to the first time you came here.

Around The World With Willy Fog
The most hits I've had from Google referrals surprisingly were from people who wanted to know about Willy Fog, that dashing gentleman/lion who is obsessed with good time keeping. I do love the cartoon very much although I must admit my love for it did waiver slightly after I decided to watch the complete box set in one sitting to mark National Willy Fog day this year (28th April if you were wondering). There were 26 episodes in total and they only had three or four different songs that they kept using again and again for the whole series. 

Someone from Andover got to my blog after trying to find out who the cat was in Willy Fog. Her name was Princess Romy and Mr Fog rescued her from some weird tribe in India who were going to burn her because she was married to a prince who then died and therefore after the husband is dead what good is a wife? Surely it would be more humane to just end her suffering once and for all...right? So Willy Fog and his daring companions rescue her from a burning tower and then take her on the rest of their trip and back to London where they eventually get it on and get married. I love a happy ending me. Of course there is another cat in Willy Fog, his name is Rigodon and he is Willy Fog's French butler and actually he was the one who saved Princess Romy from being burned alive. He swung to her on a vine and it was really quite heroic. 

Somebody from London came onto my blog expecting to find information on National Willy Day. Do we even have one of those??? It all seems rather sexist to me. Surely if we do have a National Willy Day it would only be right to have a National Vagina Day as well to even it out. Anyway according to a Facebook group after a five minute Google search (even though I have a degree in Journalism I like to do things the Phillip Schofield way) I have found out that it's on the 14th May if you were wondering. 

Heston's Giant Tea Pot
Another popular topic of searching that brought people to my blog was Heston Blumenthal's big tea break. I worked on this particular episode of Heston's Fantastical Foods and unsurprisingly I got a lot of hits about this after the episode aired on Channel 4 in November. 

Keywords such as "Heston's giant kettle" (there was no kettle, it was a tea pot), "where did heston film hos big tea break" (I don't know but I do know that he filmed his giant tea break in the Lancashire town of Darwen) and "Heston Bloomingdale great brittish cuppa" (his surname is Blumenthal) all brought people to this site. There was also someone who was hoping to find out more about "heston cheating on the giant tea". I can confirm that there was no cheating involved. There was a giant tea pot, there was a giant tea bag with tea leaves (I stitched up that thing with my own hand after all) and the tea bag went in the tea pot and created tea as we know it. There was a giant tea cup and giant biscuits and we dunked the biscuits into the tea cup and everybody stood around drinking tea and eating biscuits. There was no clever camera trickery involved, sorry to disappoint. 

This photo was taken and
Instagramed by Barney
Harwood himself
Blue Peter 
I had two different people from two separate but connected searches come on here, one from the words "Barney Harwood feet" and the other from "Helen Skelton feet". Now I wasn't aware that foot fetishists took a particular shining to Blue Peter presenter's feet but I was slightly creeped out by this new revelation. As it turns out I was working on the Blue Peter's Christmas Special yesterday evening and I can confirm however that both presenters do have have feet which is a relief. 

I also had someone descend on here after a Google search of "Blue Peter ship tattoo". Yes I have one and if you wanted one for yourself I suggest you make sure it looks like the image above.

Barney (the old English Sheepdog) 
I may have mentioned my favourite cartoon when I was three years old in a post about children's theme tunes and I have had a few hits from like minded people. I loved this show so much when I was little that I named my dog after it. He was the bestest most awesome dog ever, even more so than the dog he was named after. Anyway I digress, someone came on here looking for the theme tune (look below) and another person wanted to know who wrote the series...his name was Peter Bonnici.



Test Card
I like my business cards with the test card on them. I think it's a good look for me. The other day someone typed in "Fiona TV testcard image" and I just wanted to say hi, yes, that's me. What can I do for you? I also had someone come on after typing into Google "I know testcard F girl"...good for you, but why are you telling Google this?

Miscellaneous 
Other internet surfers that got washed up on my shore included someone who searched "University of Chester dissertation title and mail CV". I'm not really sure what they were hoping to find but I did go to The University of Chester, my dissertation title was "News Broadcasting for Children: a study into children’s perceptions of television news with particular reference to CBBC’s Newsround" and I probably had the most fun researching for it than anybody else who ever wrote a dissertation. My CV can be found by using the links at the top of the page and I'm not going to divulge my home address. 

I also had someone searching for "left handed girl shooting". Yes I am left handed and yes I am a girl but I've never shot a person or anything else for that matter apart from flies with those fly gun things that don't work anyway. Is this person implying that hypothetically because I'm left handed or because I'm a girl that might somehow make me incapable or at least hinder my ability to shoot, because I take great objection to that for all of left handed womankind...although personally it's probably true. I tried archery whilst on Guide camp once and I wasn't very good at shooting straight. I had more luck at hitting my target when I was aiming for the one next to it. 

So concludes my Q and A round up for the year and I sincerely hope it clears up a few things. Have a Merry Christmas and I'll be back writing more insightful rubbish about my career in the new year. 

* In the interest of fairness and unbias I should point out that there was one person who used Yahoo's search engine before accidentally ending up reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment