Tuesday 21 February 2012

Welcome and Hello

Hello and welcome to my brand spanking new blog where I will be telling anybody who cares to read my future posts (I'm not holding out for a huge fan base but a couple of people would be nice) of the trials and tribulations that I face whilst trying to break into a full time and sustainable career in the television and film industry and possibly recount some amusing stories of the sort of people I meet and things I get up to along the way.

I decided to create this little web space after claiming that I already have a blog of this nature set up when filling in the most recent (and truly horrifying) BBC Production Talent Pool application form. I reassured myself at the time that it's not technically a lie if I take the trouble of actually setting up a real blog straight afterwards and so true to my word, this blog has now been truthfully and officially spawned into existence.

In honour of said BBC Production Talent Pool application form, my next post will be dedicated to it and the BBC application process in general. This will have to wait until tomorrow however as I need a day to recuperate and pretend I didn't spend every waking hour of the last three days filling it in (or pretending to fill it in when really I was actually using my time to procrastinate like I have never procrastinated before). Besides which, I have set aside the rest of today to prepare for the great pancake feast of 2012 so you can all go home, stuff your faces full of battery lemon and sugared goodness and come back tomorrow when I will be pouring my little heart out about the soul destroying way in which the BBC goes about in its quest to find new talent.

4 comments:

  1. so its the equivalent of putting something on a list which you have already done and can cross off right away ;0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like that...although I do intend to keep it up. I figure it'll be more therapeutic than sobbing in the corner of my living room every time I get rejected after an interview whilst my poor flatmate pretends not to notice.

      Delete
  2. I am sure you will get there!!! How could you not, especially after your long term worship of Newsround, Monarch of the glen and all the other BBC productions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hush you, don't go around telling everyone that I'm crazy now.

    ReplyDelete